[Scribus] font artifacts on Scribus PDFs

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri May 4 18:16:02 CEST 2007

Hi again,

Replying to myself with an update:

> > As to outlining fonts, it seems you are working with OpenType fonts. OTF
> > can't be embedded in PDF files. They are outlined automatically. See:
>
> Again, is this a matter of how Scribus outlines the font? Since the font is
> outlined the source of the problem seems not to be Adoba Reader, right?

Futura LT is actually a True Type font. However Scribus doesn't consider it
embbedable: it is by default marked as "subset" on preferences.

If I uncheck that, the problem with the "l" goes away but the font presents
glitches on Adobe Reader as well.

http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/probPDF/futura-no-subset.png

Furthermore I confirmed that this font works OK with the Quark Xpress
workflow.

Comments? Should I open a bug report or are we doing anything wrong on our
side?

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt