[Scribus] Spell checking

Gora Mohanty gora
Thu May 10 03:47:23 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 20:58 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
[...]
> A bit inconvenient, but you can always save to a file, eg filename.txt,
> then run
> 'aspell -c filename.txt'
> then reload your file back into the text frame. I think it underscores
> the value of starting with a text file, entering all your text, doing
> the spellcheck, THEN importing into Scribus.
> The question is, can we figure out a more elegant way to use aspell from
> within Scribus, from a script, perhaps.
[...]

I am not at all familiar with Scribus code, but have programmed with
aspell quite a bit. It is quite easy to call aspell from a C or C++
program, and other programming languages can also be used. Does
Scribus have a plugin architecture that can be used for a
spell-checker plugin? If so, I could volunteer to do it.

Regards,
Gira