[Scribus] Thoughts on footnotes

m8130 at abc.se m8130
Sat May 12 22:05:05 CEST 2007

> Well, most word processors make quite clear difference: footnotes and
> endnotes. And quite common are books where both are used, e.g
> (bibliographical) references in the end of the text/book and explanatory
> notes under the pages. So ideally Scribus should support both types:
> footnotes that are placed on same page of the referenced text, and
> endnotes
> in the end of text/document.

Bibliographical references and end notes are not exactly the same.

A footnote is located at the bottom of the apge.

An end note is located at the enc of the chapter or section.

And bibliographical references are normally located in their own "chapter"
at the end of the book.

And of course LaTeX (and probably most other TeX:s) have support for all
of the above (and probably some more that I didn't think of now).