[Scribus] How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Thu May 31 23:56:14 CEST 2007

avox wrote:
[...]
>> So Scribus has to catch up with Gutenprint to correct this or
>> Ghostscript?
>>

> CUPS.
>
> When I analyzed the errorlog one user sent us, I figured out that CUPS
> identified the PostScript file as using CMYK and instructed Ghostscript to
> create a CMYK bitmap. Then it fed that CMYK bitmap to Gutenprint which
> ignored it with a warning "subtractive colorspace not supported" or
> something like that.
>
> I guess any other application which tries to print CMYK PostScript files
> thru CUPS would have the same problem.
>
> /Andreas
---------------
Ok, then why doesn't the same thing happen when using kprinter dialog to
print?  It's still using CUPS & Gutenprint to output it's files?  If it
were CUPS & Gutenprint having trouble, wouldn't that also apply with
whatever program controlled the printout?  Or is that that Scribus is
feeding it some miscommunication?  I guess maybe I'm not understanding
something correctly.

Pat

--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6--Linux 2.6.21---