[Scribus] Setting bold and italic styles from a script?

Chris Bergstresser chris
Fri Nov 16 22:48:19 CET 2007

Hi --

   I'm still working on my script, and now I'm trying to get it to set
bold and italic style within a text paragraph.  I defined a style
called "Page Text", another style called "Page Text-Bold", a third
style called "Page Text-Italic", and a final style called "Page
Text-Bold-Italic".  However, I can find no way to associate those
styles with text WITHIN the other styles -- i.e., if I want ...

   Only THIS text is bold.

... where the "THIS" is "Page Text-Bold" and the rest is "Page Text",
I can't seem to do it.  I'm assuming you simply can't in Scribus.

   Ok, so I have to set a paragraph style and then adjust each
individual bold and italic piece within it.  However, there doesn't
seem to be any programmatic way to ask for the "bold" version of a
font -- all I can find in the scripting documentation is "setFont",
which requires hardcoding the font names into my script.  That can't
be right; am I missing something?

-- Chris