[Scribus] Scribus for Scientific Posters?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Nov 30 10:21:11 CET 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 10:08:53 Lars Behrens wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007 09:41 Duleep Samuel wrote:
> > for formula creation
> > Your formulas will be formidable, can you create in Dia / inkscape and
> > insert as pictures
>
> Inkscape? How to create formulas there? You mean via "insert LaTeX
> formula"? Doesn't work here because SuSE's pstoedit doesn't seem to come
> with plotutils.

You might as well test out 1.3.5svn.. Its in no way production ready, but
depending on what you are doing, it might be ok for one off jobs. You can
import LaTeX formulae directly, or even edit directly within Scribus. I
repeat though, it is NOT production ready for multiple people to try with,
but it might be ok for some work. In any case, when released, it will be a
developer release (including LaTeX import).

As for SuSE, you might just need to find packages elsewhere that fit your
needs, or build them yourself, or another distro.

Craig