[Scribus] EasyPose Extra-Features

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Oct 2 14:48:30 CEST 2007

Dr. Werner Popken wrote:
>> I thought...what if easypose could do that?
>>

> Should be no problem for you to print any kind of picture, right? The
> sum of the stripes should be the total height of the picture.
>
> What I don't understand: How do you manage to print exactly up to the
> trimming edge? After all, you print first, then trim. The painter will
> apply the image to the trimmed pages, you will have to do it first.
>
> The only way to do it is with super exact print marks (quite easy) and
> super exact binding (next to impossible, I guess). So when you trim,
> print marks will be of no use. Usually, there is a 3-5 mm margin
> tolerance for trimming. This is really much!

I think it just shows the art and precision of trimming in the
pre-computer days. Not likely to be a mass-production process. I was
especially impressed by the combination of fore-edge printing and
gilding the edges of the pages as shown in one of the video clips.
Perhaps Louis has some idea of what it takes to do this.

Greg