[Scribus] Example of what...[OT]

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Sun Oct 7 10:57:22 CEST 2007

Robert Taylor schrieb am Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2007, 04:03:46:
> Greg, that has to be one of the best critiques I've read about design.

> What truly astounds me about designers is that while they all learn the
> artistic and technical components of design they ALMOST NEVER pick up a
> book on the psychology of communication ... THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

> I completely agree, most designers would do well to round out their
> training with some of your suggestions on reading.

http://kommdesign.de (information architecture) is an excellent
compilation about these questions on (internet) design with a gallery
of no-nos produced by big companies (in German).

The author startet into this topic as a student, when the internet was
young, and teaches it now:

Prof. Dr. Thomas Wirth
Studiengang Digitale Medien
BA Mosbach
University of Cooperative Education

He has published a book and cites tons of references (mostly in
English). He also lists 14 books on good design, both in German and
English. The link list shows in particular resources on usability and
eye tracking.

Werner