[Scribus] acroread 8 landscape printing

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Thu Oct 11 10:05:29 CEST 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:38:38 +0200
Cedric Sagne <cedric.sagne at poeware.com> wrote:

> I feel error was when you sent the document to the printer. When you
> print a landscaped document (from the word processor even, scribus is
> not in fault there), you need to check your printer settings and adjust
> to landscape.

There is no opportunity within acroread to adjust the printer driver itself
other than adding a parameter to the lpr line.  I tried "-o landscape" and met
with no success.

To adjust the printer driver directly through the CUPS web interface would
require root access which could allow folks to screw up the printer drivers
really well, or delete them entirely, just to print a document in landscape
format.

Therefore, I find it rather difficult to believe that it can't be done through
acroread, somehow.  Again, I'm not sure if I could do it with acroread 7.x and
I may ultimately re-install that and find out for sure.

> This issue has nothing to do with scribus or even pdfs

I use Scribus to create page layouts.  Those layouts are turned into PDF files
which are printed onto plates with acroread.  So in my case acroread forms the
end of a workflow that starts with Scribus and ends up with a plate ready to
put on the presses.

I suspect that I am far from alone in using Scribus and acroread in this
fashion.