[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Wed Oct 17 15:54:58 CEST 2007

2007/10/17, Stewart Noy <windrunner at mweb.co.za>:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >
> > If you can get 1.3.5svn up and running, you might make your book in
> > 1.3.3.9
> > or 1.3.3.10svn, then load a copy into 1.3.5svn (or 1.3.4) to see how it
> > looks. A big issue with the transition to 1.3.4+ is a different handling
> > of text and styles.
> >

> What's the point of opening a 1.3.3.9 file in 1.3.4 though, as it looks
> nothing like the original in 1.3.3.9. especially if you have a lengthy
> book
> with large amounts of text. There will be some substantial work to do in
> getting it to look like the original.

It's mostly to get the feel of what's ahead. It can be a good test file as
well and it can help feed the testers channel. I don't think it is worth
trying to get the file look like the original. For a part of it, though, it
might be interesting to know how it went. Mainly (I should write, only!) for
testing purposes, which in fact is of great help, whenever possible.

Cheers!

Louis

Stewart