[Scribus] Manual - first baby step

avox avox
Tue Oct 23 19:04:53 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Here is a link to a potential introductory page for our manual.
>
> ftp://www.infoisfree.com/scribus/scribusmanual.pdf
>
> This is on my own website (note that it's ftp) -- it's about 603KB. I'm
> hoping to generate some feedback about how people like it from as many
> aspects as you care to mention.

Your ftp server does not allow anonymous downloads when the load is too
high:

$ ftp www.infoisfree.com
Connected to www.infoisfree.com.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 13 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 12:57. Server port: 21.
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (www.infoisfree.com:vox): ftp
230 Anonymous user logged in
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd scribus
250 OK. Current directory is /scribus
ftp> get scribusmanual.pdf
229 Extended Passive mode OK (|||50108|)
550-The load was 5.49 when you connected. We do not allow downloads
550-by anonymous users when the load is that high. Uploads are always
550 allowed.
ftp> ^D
221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
221 Logout.

Can you upload somewhere else?

Tnx,
/Andreas