[Scribus] Import an EPS from Sibelius, having major problems!

dax702 dax702
Wed Sep 5 01:48:17 CEST 2007

That's usually what I do to determine if something is high enough resolution
is just zoom in on it several times, just like you said.

Here's what I either don't like or don't understand about Scribus.  When I
use the import feature to import an EPS (whether it imports correctly or
not) it creates its own frame and the frame is the correct size, no resizing
necessary.  When I insert an image frame, I have to drag and resize this
frame to what I think is close to the size of the image I'm going to be
putting in that frame, but it's not exact. And then it just does weird
things from there.  The problem with having such low low low preview
resolution on the screen is that it's so bad I can't even tell what image
I'm looking at and that pretty much defeats being able to use a layout
program, no?

I don't feel like I'm making any progress and that's what is annoying.  If
you were me, and were using Sibelius to export these graphics, what would
you do?  Here's what I have at my disposal:

Sibelius (latest version) - can export to EPS, TIFF, BMP, PNG (see below for
export dialog)

http://www.nabble.com/file/p12489004/export_dialog_sibelius.jpg

and I can of course print to PDF from Sibelius

Photoshop CS2

With these as my tools, what would you do in order to get these musical
references into Scribus where they're at least somewhat legible on the
screen?