[Scribus] 3D text effects

John Brown johnbrown105
Wed Sep 5 06:42:48 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
>To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>Subject: Re: [Scribus] 3D text effects
>Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:35:36 -0400
>Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> > John Brown schrieb:
> >
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> Is there a way in Scribus to give text a 3D appearance?
> >
>The ultimate (perhaps) for this kind of thing is going to be something
>like Blender, which has a bit of a learning curve to be sure, but can do
>things that most other graphics manipulation programs only pretend to do.

I finally succeeded in getting Blender to do what I wanted by following a
tutorial that had nothing to do with what I was doing. It helped me to find
the right buttons. The only problem is that I need to do it again, but I

Oh, well. With luck, I will be able to find the right buttons again after I
some sleep.

That's one open source project where you don't have to wonder how they
get funding. They must sell the manual by the trailer load.

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger
Café. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline1