[Scribus] Bug on Scribus with Ubuntu

avox avox
Thu Sep 6 20:20:21 CEST 2007

Jan Claeys-3 wrote:

> [Sorry for this late reaction]
>
> Op woensdag 01-08-2007 om 01:43 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Christoph
> Sch?fer:
>> No, this is no Scribus bug. It's a bug in *buntu's Qt libraries.
>
> Scribus/Scribus-NG has never exposed this bug on my system while using
> Ubuntu (as I mention in the Ubuntu bug report).  I don't have anything
> KDE-related installed though (just the Qt libs), so I suspect the bug is
> somewhere in KDE, and not in Qt...

It's a bug with a special inofficial patch to the Qt3 library for supporting
international input methods (qt3immodule). We have seen it sporadically with
other distributions, but mostly on *buntu variants.
Setting the locale with "LC_ALL=..." or similar works around this bug, so
maybe you have that setting.

/Andreas