[Scribus] Gradient causes horizontal line under text

avox avox
Tue Sep 11 01:17:34 CEST 2007

Magyar B?lint wrote:
> John Brown wrote:
>> The rectangle is filled with a vertical gradient with three stops.
>> For some reason, this causes a thin horizontal line to be drawn under
>> the text.
> I mentioned this in #scribus around a year ago but it got dismissed by
> the devs as an Acrobat bug or something so I didn't file a report. Might
> as well do so when I get to the glitchy files at work in the morning.
> (Provided I don't get flooded with NEED IT NOW work.)

Ok, I looked at the resulting PDF and it seems that due to the way Scribus
gradients in PDF, at the stop the color gets painted twice (it seems this is
a freak
antialiasing effect).

If you file a bug report, Franz or someone else will implement gradients
another method (stitching functions as described in the PDF Reference 1.6
Shading Patterns). That should help with this artefact.