[Scribus] Problems loading text into Scribus

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Tue Sep 11 08:59:14 CEST 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 1:08 AM, Thomas Zastrow wrote:

>> Since every writer works in Word or its equivalent, and no print
>> shop can USE an original word document for printing, it's very
>> >surprising to me that there seems to be NO program for converting
>> the word processing documents to "print ready" documents for
>> >commercial printers.
>

> In the scientific community, where footnotes etc. are very
> important, LaTeX / TeX is still the tool of choice.
>

>> How do the iUniverse folks (and all the other "print on demand"
>> publishers) do this?  Their most favored MS submission type  seems
>> >to be the Word .doc type of file.
>

> Latex works perfect on Mac ;-)
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

I don't know about iUniverse, but I produced 4 textbooks with LaTeX
with LuLu.com and they came out perfect. I had many footnotes and
margin notes. The PDFs generated also have hyperlinked bookmarks and
table of contents and a nice regular font as well as colored text.

here are the LaTeX sources as well as the final PDFs

http://benjamin-newton.net/texts/red

here are the books on Lulu

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=953626

the downloads are free