[Scribus] Publishing question

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Sep 14 21:51:13 CEST 2007

eklektik wrote:

> Thanks a lot for clarifying the issue.
>
> I guess then I have only one choice left regarding high res
> screen-shots, working with huge files sizes and scaling them down, or
> doing away with them as much as possible.

My point was really that there isn't any such thing as a high res screen
shot. There's only a low-res screen shot that's been scaled up. It has
no more information in it; the extra data is basically wasted space.

For best results, just print the screenshots at about 1/3 of their
physical size as they appear on your screen. Text should still be
legible. You can probably afford to go to 1/2 if you're willing to
accept a little bit of a scaled-up look to the screenshot and this might
improve text readability.

--
Craig Ringer