[Scribus] Preparing a Scribus workshop

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Sun Sep 16 16:58:13 CEST 2007

Scribus on Mac OS X, at least the 1.3.3.x stable version is so slow
and unresponsive that it is not usable on the Mac as far as I am
concerned. One of the problems is that it doesn't use the latest
major version of Qt, which doesn't perform well on the Mac. I heard
some where that this was done, because they wanted to make it
available for Windows and Qt 4 wasn't open source with the right
license for that. So basically it sounds like they chose the Windows
version over the Mac version.