[Scribus] Images in a frame

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Thu Sep 20 16:33:50 CEST 2007

> It should be noted that for this to work the image frame must be on a
> higher level than the text frame. Using "Bring to front" on the image
> frame will fix this if it doesn't work.

Well, it worked on one frame as well. I introduced another layer,
promoted the image to that, but still I could not define margins to
the text.

>> I can't find a way to set the dimensions between image border and image
>> frame, I
>> believe this is possible though.

> I don't have Scribus in front of me right now, but if you look at the
> Properties palette I think there are two "positions". One for the image
> frame on the page (the XYZ tab), the other for the image within the image
> frame (the Image tab).

True. XYZ defines the position of the image frame. Form gives the
option to let text flow around the frame and would be the right place
to define the margins, if only I could find out how to do it. The
Image tab gives the opportunity to define the dimensions of the image,
but I would prefer to use the automatic scaling property, which is an
alternative to that option.

Werner