[Scribus] Images in a frame

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Thu Sep 20 17:27:23 CEST 2007

Riku Leino schrieb am Donnerstag, 20. September 2007, 16:42:14:
> You can use contour line for that. Make the text flow around contour line and
> adjust contour line with edit shap dialog (from the shape page of properties
> palette).
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Video_Tutorials#Additional_space_between_an_image_frame_and_the_text

Wow! Thanks a lot for the link! Why didn't I find that myself?

The video isn't really what it takes, unfortunately. It looks fine,
but if you imagine that you have real text, it's obvious. You cannot
let text flow around a picture like that. Also, the spacing around a
picture is even, which is something you don't want. If you want to
place a picture at the beginning of a paragraph, the text should align
to the top of the picture, the left of the picture should align to the
left of the text, you want to have some too the right of the picture
and to the bottom of the picture, and if you want a subtext of the
picture, you want this text to have a different style and to add some
extra space as well. So I don't think that this video really shapes me
up :-(

The "Distance of Text"-boxes would solve my problem, I guess. How do I
activate these? They are on the properties page Shape-tab.

Werner