[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

John Beardmore John
Sun Sep 23 21:02:17 CEST 2007

Jan Schrewe wrote:

> John Beardmore schrieb am Sonntag, 23. September 2007:
>> The first is the ability to embed images within .sla files.  At the
>> moment, if I move a document, it seems to loose all the links to
>> pictures as though relative paths were used to locate them.  While I
>> accept the principle that a lot of disk space can be saved by referring
>> to pictures elsewhere in the file system, this can be a nuisance when
>> projects are being developed on multiple machines over multiple sites.
>> For me at least, using the .sla files as a container that includes all a
>> documents images would be a huge benefit.
>>

> Hi,
>
> You can use File > Collect For Output ans save the scribus file and pictures
> to a directory. The paths get automatically corrected. So you get everything
> in one directory.

Thanks Jan !  That's a nice way to do what I've been doing manually on a
couple of jobs.

I guess I'd still like to see embedding of the images at some point, but
I'll cope for now.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.