[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

John Beardmore John
Mon Sep 24 23:13:22 CEST 2007

Jurgen Gaeremyn wrote:
> Op zondag 23-09-2007 om 22:56 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Craig
> Bradney:
>> On Sunday 23 September 2007 22:47:25 Louis Desjardins wrote:
>>> Gregory Pittman a ?crit :
>
> If anything, I'm quite in favor of this type of option... let it be a
> zipped collect folder for as far as I care...
>
> Furthermore... I can really imagine myself fiddling with a layout...
> importing a picture... not liking it ... fetching another one... still
> not liking it... tweaking the first one in Gimp... importing that one
> again... etc... Basically, I'd have a .sla file needing only 1
> picture... but Scribus will become sluggish because of all the
> copy/delete action involved in this type of collecting...

I don't see why it need to if the rejected images are removed from the
collection ?

> Just my first practical impression. I guess a "collect" feature is best
> at the end. I would be happy seeing an option to save as "collected
> sla.zip" for example. ;)

Maybe part of my issue with this is people saying "at the end".  It
could be the end of the edit rather than the end of the project.

And would the .sla file live in the zip ?  I  suppose what I'm also keen
on is the notion of all the resources identified so far being able to
live in one container.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.