[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

william f. maddock billsey
Tue Sep 25 13:41:34 CEST 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 5:49 AM, Asif Lodhi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> On 9/25/07, John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk> wrote:
>> Randolph Bentson wrote:

> Following is another possible way to resolve this issue  -
> specifically to keep the images & SLA files together in one place (I
> have registered it as a feature-request in the bug-tracker) -
> The bug-request ID is : 6274.
>
> Introduce the following features:
>
> * In addition to the existing feature of creating a Scribus file,
> introduce yet
>   another option - "Create Project..." - that will make Scribus create
>   directory (instead of a single SLA file), bearing the Project-Name
> or Scribus
>   file-name, and place all SLA files related to
>   the project in the project directory.

[snip]

> The project directory could be a local directory or one created in a
> remote server or whatever. Actually, this is just like the web
> application management
> feature present in Macromedia DreamWeaver (now owned by Adobe).

This is sounding more and more like OS X's *.app folder structure to
me, and it might be the way to go. This way, all elements are in the
same place, and yet are easily available to other apps for any needed
editing outside of scribus.

> ps: I haven't used the recent Scribus versions very much so I am sorry
> if the document hierarchy explorer feature is already there.

It's not. :-)
http://www.lulu.com/billsey