[Scribus] Text and spell check

avox avox
Tue Sep 25 19:15:54 CEST 2007

Steve Herrick wrote:

> On 9/25/07, Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I too would like Scribus .sla to simply hold path links rather than
>> inserted
>> text
>
> I thought this for a long time, but then I realized I do extensive
> tweaking of kerning and other fine-grained text settings, which could
> not be meaningfully saved back to a plain-text file.

So we'd better use some sort of XML, no? :-)

There are several useful workflows which would benefit from external texts
and it will be implemented some time in the future.

> Rather than do this, I would vote for making spellchecking and other
> features plug-ins that can be turned off or on at will, so folks who
> never use them don't have to chew up memory with them.

Sounds like a good idea. Integrating aspell or some Unicode-savvy
spellchecker shouldnt be a big problem and I expect one in the near future.
Not sure about wriggly lines though...

/Andreas