[Scribus] Text Editors

Steve Herrick estebandido
Wed Sep 26 18:38:21 CEST 2007

On 9/26/07, Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:

> But isn't this what Scribus is about, they wouldn't need to be within a plain
> text file.

Then you're talking about is a layout file... which would be the
existing .sla format. The only variation I could picture to this would
be some sort of container file, with text frames existing as
standalone files called by the container.

> A text editor, to me is  for very basic layout, spell check and other raw text
> operations, not particularly to refine positioning of text items within a frame,
> Scribus has tools for that purpose.

Er, yes, I know. The point is, when you work on a file in Scribus,
there are attributes that can't be saved back to plain text. To be
able to save back to plain text, you'd have to separate form and
content *entirely* (as opposed to mostly), and that would defeat the
purpose of DTP.

--
Steve Herrick

"Don't heap scorn. A little goes a long way."
- Aasif Mandvi, The Daily Show