[Scribus] Hyphenation

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Sep 26 23:12:17 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 22:38 schrieb Dr. Werner Popken:
> I don't know about 1.3.39, but I noticed in 1.3.4 that the German word
> "Provokationsstre?" has been hyphenated as "Provokationss-tre?" which
> is definitely wrong. How can I correct this, generally or in this
> case?

Well this obviously one of the issues caused by reformed spelling  rules (or
its implementation in algorithms).

Proposed solutions:

1) Try with the hyphenation file for normal German spelling:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Herk%C3%B6mmliche_deutsche_Silbentrennung_in_Scribus

2) Set the hyphenation settings for your document to "Hyphenation Suggestions"

3) Try to place a smart hyphen after the first "s"

HTH

Christoph