[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

m8130 at abc.se m8130
Thu Sep 27 07:10:28 CEST 2007

> In my view, copying any element only occurs once. If a font has already
> been
> copied in a previous Collect for that project, there is no reason to copy
> it
> upon subsequent Collect.

What I meant was, when copying the project back and forth between two or
three different machines there really is no need to copy all the fonts
every time. And the fonts copied in this way, as far as I understand, only
be available for that project. So for the next project using the same
fonts they will be copied again.

There is a difference in "copying what is not available at the other
machine" and "copying everything every time, for every project".

Imagine someone working on a magazine. Always using the same fonts. Isn't
it a bit unnecessary to have the fonts used included with every issue of
the magazine?

I think it is a workflow issue to make sure that the fonts used are
available at the machines used. Fonts are static, the images used are
mostly not.

So, the Collect for outout method is not a good alternative to just
copying the images. (That was the point I was going to make, both
functions are needed, but for different tasks.)