[scribus] New Linux User -- Scribus in place of Page Maker 6?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 18:45:47 CEST 2008

Murray Strome wrote:

> I am completely new to Desktop Publishing, so I know little about
> PageMaker and nothing at all about other alternatives. I am just
> learning Scribus, and without any experience at all with alternative
> packages, it IS a steep learning curve. Nevertheless, I so far, I have
> not found it to be particularly unstable, and the bugs have not been
> enough of a problem to stop me from working with it. Of course, I am so
> new to it that I often don't know whether a problem is because of a bug
> or my lack of
>  knowledge/experience.
>
> I am using 1.3.3.12 on Kubuntu 8.04, "Hardy Heron".

Persevere -  I'm sure it will be a worthwhile investment.

I've just been passed a 70 odd page project somebody has done for me in
OO Writer. I really wish they'd done it in Scribus.  It would be much
more maintainable !

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor