[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 5, Issue 32

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue Aug 12 04:31:15 CEST 2008

Oh dear. I don't know about Blender (never had occasion to use it),
but Scribus, Gimp, Audacity, Inkscape, OOo, and many other programs
are completely cross platform. I dare say there are probably many
more users of OOo under Windows than under Linux.

So the question of why nnnn in Windows doesn't do this or that has
nothing to do with Windows. It's a comparison of one program with
another. And it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that a user
will prefer Scribus to Quark or InDesign, Gimp to Photoshop, and so
forth.
--Judy Miner
    USA

Registered Linux User #397786

Oops, I didn't state my case well enough.
Its not enough that the above apps are cross platform, the Joe Bloggs (apologies
to Joe) of this world don't care, 'it looks different so its scary'. And thats a
quote from people I have offered Oo.org, Gimp. inkscape, Scribus, etc  to.
Then come excuses for not looking at them.

What I meant was look and feel, Oo.org does not "look" like windows MS Office.
similarly the other software mentioned does not "look" like windows.

Users don't seem to differentiate between windows and the software apps that run
on it,  thats why I feel it does have a lot to do with windows.
Its all in user perception not in the separate applications.

When a  user grasps the difference between  OS and apps then comes the opening
to the above discussion and the ability to move to cross platform apps.
Roger

PS
On another subject, I dont know my registered user number can someone help here.
TIA
Roger