[scribus] Again ?? Scribus 1.3.5 crashes Signal fault 6 and 11

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Fri Dec 12 11:01:20 CET 2008

> > I am so very very disappointed, sad in fact.
> > I swear by Scribus in all it's incarnations and have recommended it to
> > many people.
> >
> > With glee Signal Faults  announce  I'M  BA,AACK, with a vengeance.
> >
> > I installed the binary Scribus 1.3.5 just weeks ago as recommended, it
> > crashes
> > at least every few minutes with the dreaded "Scribus Crashes  with
> > Signal Fault
> >   6 , sometimes 11.
> >
> > Its my fault that I didn't save a complex time consuming document but
> > previously having lost saves made before crashes It did not seem to
> > matter.
> >
> > I have not had this problem with previous 1.3.5 of many months ago but
> > have
> > updated the svn several times and don't remember which was the stable
> > svn.
> >
> > I have a modern machine, Gigabyte mb, quality 2 g memory, Nvidia PCI
> > express
> > video card, hard drive all just a few months old. Run recently updated
> > Fedora 8
> > and find no reason for the mess.
> >
> > Please if someone can help, I have only 2 days to get this newsletter
> > together
> > and out.
> >
> > I can't go back to 1.3.12 because it would mean completely rebuilding
> > the
> > newsletter from the beginning, a week or two.
>

> If you start your Scribus in a console, what error messages display on
> the crash?
>
> What date is your Scribus, Help->About Scribus
>
> What Version of Qt do you have? Help->About Qt
>
> The last revision I have 12949 and Qt is 4.4.3

And the about date is at least Dec 10 as I updated that too.

Let us know those details and if its not a late revision, please update. If
it is a current revision, please submit the document in a bug and we can
have a look. The bug can be marked private so the attachments will not be
shared if that is a concern.

thanks
Craig