[Scribus] [Fwd: [Techtalk] openoffice and scribus]

avox avox
Fri Feb 8 03:20:07 CET 2008

Chantal Rosmuller-2 wrote:

> ... this
> will not do however because in the example a whole file is imported. In
> our
> situation the office document has to be imported several times because the
> content can change, problem is however that the writers/translaters who
> work
> in the office document can also change the style/layout. That means that
> the
> layout person has to change this back in scribus every time.
>
> We are now exploring several possibilties, making it impossible for
> writers to
> mess up the layout using a template in openoffice is one, another is using
> something entirely different like a wiki for the writing and importing
> that
> into scribus.
>
> Still it would be nice if a feature was developed to resolve this, I
> cannot
> imagine that we are the only publishing organisation with this issue? I
> think
> in Indesign it is possible to link to parts of office documents and
> automatically update the indesign document if changes have been made in
> the
> office document (I could be wrong this is how someone explained it to me,
> myself have never user Indesign or scribus, I am a sysadmin).

There have been ideas of linking Scribus to a content management system
(CMS)
before and in the future we will implement something along those lines. A
first
step will probably be to store stories/articles in external XHTML files. It
just takes
time to implement that and currently we have other things on our roadmap.

/Andreas