[scribus] Newspaper design

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jul 5 14:59:05 CEST 2008

Fritz Eichelhardt wrote:
> hi amogelang and all others,
>

>> From: "amogelang mogomotsi" <amogomotsi at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [scribus] Newspaper design
>>

>> Can you help me design a newspaper layout
>> tabloid paper( 560mm by 410mm)
>> I have a limited idea on this.....
>>

> apparently, amogelang is not a professionell in this business.
> so we should tolerate deficiency of his request.
>
> i'm prepared to help you with your first steps, if that's what you want.
>
> i cannot promise, that my help is sufficient.
> however, i have produced very small papers about 8 times, so i surely could
> give you some valuable hints if you are a beginner.

Yes, he certainly seems quite the beginner.

amogelang,

What is the size of this proposed newspaper (dimensions and number of
pages)?
Where do you plan to have it printed? Perhaps asking them questions may
help, to make sure they can handle the output from Scribus.
Are you doing all the content yourself, or just the layout?
What is the content -- text + images + ?? What is the language? (this
could be an issue)

Greg