[scribus] Help please Scribus fault

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Jul 7 05:02:10 CEST 2008

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:18:09 +1000
Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:

> I had to rearrange files on my computer and put the .sla in different
> directories. Now scribus 1.3.5 will not open the files instead
> produces error report" /path/wont open "not in acceptable format."
> I had all these files open in 1.3.5 2 days ago when working on them
> The only real change was that I put a copy of th scribus .bin file
> in  /usr/bin/ Will this matter?
> What's gone wrong please and how can it be repaired.

Sounds strange, but just check the following.

In Scribus, go to Help->About Scribus and confirm that it reports
Scribus1.3.5svn and also check the date

In your sla file, open in a text editor and check the second line that
it is a 1.3.5 doument

Do you have a 1.3.3.x version of Scribus? That will not open 1.3.5
documents.

Owen