[scribus] Where is Scribus download located?

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:05:31 CEST 2008

Hi Louis,

On 7/7/08, Louis Desjardins <louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com> wrote:
>> I tried to download for Windows from sourceforge.net but the
>> download popup window somehow died. I couldn't find any link on
>> scribus.net.
> Is this what you are looking for?
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=windows
> The download link is at the bottom of that page.

The download link mentioned at the URL you provided seems to be
malformed - nothing happens when you click it - the request dies - it
has some "visit" sort of thing in the URL. However, when I copied the
sourceforge URL from the very far-right end and pasted the same in the
browser's address bar, I got the sourceforge page located at

However, there is no download link at the bottom of this page. I did
try to download from sourceforge from Scribus' files section but when
I clicked on the link the request died - perhaps the default mirror is
not available.

I keep the JavaScript off so am not able to select other download
mirrors from sourceforge. There seems to be no other way to select a
download mirror from sourceforge except by first turning JavaScript to

I am going to try it again after turning on the JavaScript in my
browser. However, a non-JavaScript download option would be better.

Best regards,