[scribus] OT Web tools

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 00:07:42 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 July 2008 08:16:43 am Craig Bradney wrote:
>>> Quanta Plus is another and Linux-only html development tool. It
>>> is closely integrated with the KDE desktop, a common GUI on Linux
>>> machines.   It aims to beat all the competition, including
>>> Dreamweaver.
>> I wouldn't use anything but Quanta Plus - I have used it for
>> writing websites with it for years. A very good product, and with
>> KDE4 moving to OSX and Windows, it will be 100% cross platform too.
>
> Two questions:
> 1. Do you prefer html or xhtml?
> 2. Do you regularly use CSS?

For the work we're doing with schools, I guess the question is 'Which
has most future ?'.  Some enthusiasts tell me that xhtml is the only way
to go.  I don't really know enough to comment, but have no enthusiasm
for 'change for changes sake'.

> Quanta seems oriented to traditional html rather than xhtml. I don't
> have a dog in that race, but I need to make a decision on where I
> should invest my learning and developing time.

OK -  same here really, but I'm being pushed towards xhtml.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor