[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 4, Issue 15

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed Jul 9 01:49:53 CEST 2008

 > You also can just select the first text frame you want, then select the "link
 > > frames" tool, then just click into text frames in the order you want to see
 > > them linked. You?ll see arrows at this time between linked frames that let
 > > you know their link status.

I've sometimes thought it would be useful to be able to join frames
containing text too.  Just link the frames and concatenate the texts ?

A  neat trick I found that provides an alternative to linking text frames 'on
the same page' is to make the text box 2 column and set the width between the
columns as wide a you need. Then use empty text boxes set to 'Text Around Frame'
to position the text in the column and use Image boxes in the column spaces if
you need images there.
Roger