[scribus] Font bolding problem when converting to pdf

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 19:48:04 CEST 2008

Pierre Marchand wrote:
> Vous (John Beardmore) avez écrit :

>>> 1/ By design, Scribus focuses on print output.
>> Yes -  it makes sense to focus on the situation where the highest
>> precision output is required, but that doesn't make it sensible to
>> (needlessly ?) compromise the way lower resolution output is handled.
>
> All is in the needlesslyness! I did not do it myself but I think it has
> _needed_ a pretty load of work to get the proper fix done. So, here I would
> not say that "by design" the output was bad on low resolution devices. Just
> that they were not targetted in something like "phase A".

Yes -  I may have the wrong end of the stick, but when I saw something
like 'removes the hinting', I took it that it had somehow been decided
that having it there was unnecessary / undesirable.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor