[scribus] Font bolding problem when converting to pdf

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Jul 10 16:14:49 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:00:12 -0400
> Von: "H.Riesbeck" <h.riesbeck at sympatico.ca>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] Font bolding problem when converting to pdf

> Thank you to all who helped me with flowing text into subsequent text
> frames. It works now for me.
> However, I do have a question for another problem. I want to output my
> work as a pdf file. While the text looks good on the screen before
> converting, after conversion letters such as ' I ' or ' l ', in other
> words just a single vertical line, are bolded. The font I need to use is
> Arial and it is a TrueType font. I should also mention that I tried all
> available options to convert to pdf with the same results.
> Thank you very kindly in advance for any replies.
>
> Heri

Your TrueType font is probably an OTF font with a TTF file extension. To get rid of the problem, load the font file into FontForge and export it as TrueType or Type 1 font, install the new font file(s) and use this version for your text.

HTH

Christoph
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx