[scribus] PDF forms.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jul 14 21:34:03 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> Unfortunately that part of the wiki is blank.   I can figure out how
> to put forms fields on the pdf file but I am lost beyond that point.
> Does one use Perl, Java, Javascript,  or PHP to retrieve the data,
> massage it, and return an answer? Does this routine take the form of
> a cgi file?

Someone may correct my on this, but my understanding of the current
implementation of PDF forms in Scribus is that the data cannot be
separated from the form, so the use would be to fill out the form, then
print it to make use of the feature.
There is interest, of course, in being able to save form data, but right
now Adobe is holding on tight to the capability to do that, using only
its own licensed software.

Greg