[scribus] New Document > Page Layout ?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Thu Jul 17 15:37:37 CEST 2008

Riku Leino a écrit :
>> Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any difference between the
>> various choices in New Document > Page Layout.
>
>> What is the difference? Why are there those options if they all look the
>> same after the [new] document has initially been created?
>
> Did you try adding pages? The difference should be obvious if you look all
> these options with four pages in your documents. The naming scheme there is a
> bit misleading since those are not folds but separate pages but that doesn't
> mean they are all the same.

Adding to this, there is a long discussion on the mailing about this.
You might want to review it. In short, my view on this feature is : use
the first 2 and forget about the rest. Unless you have a very specific
use and know what you are doing, it is clearly something to avoid, with
all respect due to the coders!

I will not explain further here since I already expressed my views at
length previously.

Cheers!

Louis