[scribus] Aliasing and color problems

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists at tisc.de
Sun Jul 20 13:51:04 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 07:57:05PM -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> >So if anyone could help me to solve one of these two problems, it would
> >be great:
> >- how to get around the aliasing in 1.3.3.11 in the image export
> >- how to make the black be black in 1.3.5 SVN
> >
> The whole point of Scribus is to *not* export to image files, but to
> PDF. This should be your eventual format, and you can do this in
> individual page files if you wish. Alternatively, exporting to EPS
> should work, but PDF is far preferable.

You could also go the route Scribus -> PDF -> Ghostscript. I'm not sure,
Ghostscript can do CMYK JPEG, but then you might get arount that by
going Scribus -> PDF -> Ghostscript CMYK TIFF -> ImageMagick CMYK JPEG.

BTW: Are you sure the print shop won't do automated color correction or
something else? Did they provide a color profile for you to use, so your
RGB->CMYK conversion is correct?

HTH,

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de