[scribus] Editing templates

avox avox at arcor.de
Mon Jul 21 19:23:04 CEST 2008

Nik-4 wrote:

> So back to my original question:
>
> Q1: What is the way to edit an existing template so that it doesn't
> create a duplicate, the template thumbnail is updated, and any newly
> created image frames link correctly to the image when a document is
> created from the template.

You should add this report to our bug tracker. The template folder being
hidden is definitely a nuisance and we should either store the templates
in a non-hidden folder or provide special means to navigate there in the
open file dialog.

Image references have been a mess for some time and that needs poper
fixing, too.

> And my original proposals:
> P1: From my experiences with this, it would be very helpful to have the
> ability to delete an existing template. This not only helps solve
> problems in editing templates, but allows users to remove old templates
> that are no longer used and are just cluttering up the templates folder.
>
> P2: From proposal P1 above, it would seem that a "Manage Templates"
> window would be really handy, allowing users to see their templates,
> delete unused ones, get info and properties on them, rebuild the
> thumbnail, and perhaps even check the image links, etc.

Sounds good to me. Having an "Edit" button there would also solve the
hidden folder navigation problem.

/Andreas