[scribus] Tutorial

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Tue Jul 22 06:16:16 CEST 2008

Blaine Dixon wrote:
> I have just started the first tutorial and right way it throws me a
> curve as I can see the tutorial is for an earlier version. The layout of
> the NEW DOCUMENT window has changed. There is no function for "facing
> pages" I had to guess and assumed  "double sided" would work in place of
> that, but I am not sure.
>
> I drew the image frame within the margins, inserted the sample picture
> then I find the function "cover photo frame" is missing from the tools
> box.I try to set the measurements according to instructions but the
> image then expand far off the page. The other day when I first started
> it up I was able to get the image to move about within the frame now the
> frame itself is moving instead of the photo.

I am in the process of updating the tutorial - to one based on 1.3.3.*. I haven't completed it
yet (as I myself am going through the tutorial) but have nearly finished chapter 8 (there is a
lot of graphic work to do in this chapter).

If you would like a copy of what I have so far - let me know - it is in OpenOffice.org format.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
PrayingForIsrael.net