[scribus] import from textfile - very simple solution

hjh at mail.fsub.de hjh at mail.fsub.de
Thu Jul 24 10:35:57 CEST 2008

As 1B(hex) is to be inserted, why not do it in your textfile
before importing the text. With a texttool like Emacs it is
very easy to do. I tried it, it works fine. It takes only a few seconds.

Replace all ^J (Unix) by ^J^[
so you keep the NewLine and insert a framebreak
1B = ^[ = ESC (Do not use ^ plus [ but the ESC-key!

In Emacs you insert control-keys by typing ^Q before you type the
control-key. Which means for the replace-command:

  ^Q ^J RETURN ^Q ^J ^Q ESC RETURN

The import-filter I used: textfile

Hans-Josef Heck