[scribus] newbie questions

RoseOtto roseottogroups at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:54:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm working my way thru' the Scribus tutorials while creating documents
at the same time. Got some problems.  Working with Windows xp and
Scribus 1.3.3.12

issue 1.
Color management is becoming increasingly confusing. I understand what
this says but I've no idea where on my hard drive to install the color
files. It automatically took the RGB 1988 from my old Pagemaker setup.
Apparently I need more color profiles OR I have my preferences set up
incorrectly. When I select any color but black, it shows up on my screen
as hot green. Not selecting green.  Some pieces of pictures I import
also have that color on them.  I did this per a post on 7/19/08 but
can't tell it made any difference.  "Uncheck the "Mark Colors out of
Gamut" checkbox in document preferences/color management."
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=cms,
http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter

issue2.
At this web page
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Video_Tutorials  it has
transcripts of tutorials. For Example, creating bullet lists.  there's a
link to a file ending in .ogg. I can download it but what do I use to
open it?  It occurs to me that these are all instructions for Linux?

Thanks.
Rose.