[scribus] mathematical equations

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Mon Jul 28 21:24:19 CEST 2008

Chris de Villiers schrieb:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm new to Scribus, and discovering just how great it is.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to produce mathematical
> equations in Scribus? I searched the Wiki, but nothing turned up. I
> understand that a future version will accommodate LaTex, but is there
> perhaps another way of doing it with 1.3.3.12?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Chris

In Scribus directly, its not possible. But you can do the following:

- Create your equation in OpenOffice.
- Right click on it and export it to MathML
- Use JEuclid, a MathML implementation in Java, to convert the
MathML-File into SVG, PostScript or whatever
- Import that into scribus.

OK, this way is a little bit elaborate, but it works. I used it several
times for scientific posters.

Best,

Tom