[scribus] Cut and paste into the story editor (David Goodenough)

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 22:45:38 CEST 2008

A great feature of X Windows (not just on Linux) is
middle-mouse-button cut-n-paste

1) Highlight text somewhere
2) click with middle mouse button *somewhere else*

Careful! It is easy to accidentally paste Really Bad Things(TM) into
Somwhere They Don't Belong(TM). Such as erroneous commands into a
terminal window. Ouch!

Also, this type of cutn-n-paste does not always work. But neither does
the regular old CTRL-C CTRL-V sometimes!

This type of cut-n-paste puts text into a different memory buffer area
than CTRL-C/CTRL-V. So just because it works in Scribus (and it
probably does) does not necessarily mean it would be any easier to
implement CTRL-C/CTRL-V type cutnpaste.

later...