[scribus] Cut and Paste

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jul 29 13:40:10 CEST 2008

David Goodenough wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2008, Roger wrote:
>
>> I use linux fc8 , don't have a problem with cut and paste in most documents
>> however
>> in the few that do have issues, I save the text as  a plain  .txt file then
>> <Get Text> it into the text box.
>> Note: The .txt extension is necessary in the file name otherwise scribus
>> won't find it.
>> Or as suggested swipe/highlight with the mouse then middle click into the
>> story editor.
>>
>> Roger

> Of course it would be nice to have export (and import) of text to the story
> editor, and it would also be good to have what actually works (i.e. the
> middle button) documented and reflected as the short-cuts on the menus.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to append text.
This middle mouse button business is not unique with Scribus. This is a
strange behavior in Linux/KDE from one app to another. I find the middle
mouse button quirky, so prefer to use Klipper, highlight the saved text,
after which Ctrl-V should work OK.

Greg