[scribus] mathematical equations

Mike Morris twriterext at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:15:01 CEST 2008

If GIF'S are truly a problem for you, there might be another possibility.  I
have successfully used an application called MathType by Design Science (
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/) with InDesign CS3 (but I
haven't yet tried it with Scribus).

MathType allows you to save your equations as an EPS or an EPS/tiff.
Scribus should be able to accept the EPS (although, as I said above, I
haven't yet tried it).

MathType is not free, but it is the least expensive of the independent
applications I have found (<$100 US or <$60 US if you can provide acamedic
credentials).

I have found it relatively easy to use and effective for a wide range of
mathematical operations.

Note that if you need to edit the equation(s), the editing must be done in
MathType.