[scribus] imposition for 10cm x 10cm brochure printed on A2 printer

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Jul 31 20:18:37 CEST 2008

>  Is there a how-to for want I want to do anywhere available? Or even
> some tool doing this? I guess that psbook is somehow prepared for this,
> but I have problems to find out how exactly to use it. Would be great,
> because I could simply convert Scribus' pdf to ps and use the free
> psutils.

Have a look at the wiki article about making impositions with pstops
(originally written my be).

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_impositions_with_pstops

I have made similar impositions using that approach. It takes a bit of
work to code the imposition though, but not that hard if you know how
impositions work.

I made test files and used gv to view the result to check for errors (you
will probably get some numbers wrong on sauch a big imposition).

Multivalent can be used instead, but as far as I remember it doesn't allow
you to locate the pages within each "cell" of the sheet. They all get
centered. One workaround would be to pad the pages with white borders
making them the "correct" size, but since it sounds as if you have worked
with psutils I think that it is better to stick with it.

/Peter